Lavender beer earns Marto Brewing gold

This is an article about the local Sioux City brewing company called Marto.

The reason that this article caught my eye is because I have been to Marto before. I know that Marto has exceptional food and beverages and this is why I wanted to read the article.

I think this lead could have been a little bit stronger. It’s not a horrible lead but I do think it could have been better. If I had not have been to Marto before I probably would not have read it based off of the lead.

The story itself, is written very nicely. It gives some good insight about how the beer is brewed and the whole process. Something that the writer could add is a quote from someone that has drank the award-winning lavender beer and how it tastes. It would make the article more interesting and really give an idea about how good the beer actually is.

Overall, this is a well written article, with a strong enough lead.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/lavender-beer-earns-marto-brewing-gold/article_25c2aa62-5e43-5752-bd1f-5a98403c82fe.html

Join the Conversation

2 Comments

1. This is pretty good, Carlie, but I like the last sentence as a potential lead. It may not focus on last year, which is what I asked you all to do, but it could with some tweaking:
        After an exhausting COVID year, Prof. Ross Fuglsang is ready for something more “relaxed.”
        Then: Fuglsang has been teaching for 25 years but stated spring 2020 “was a totally new territory.”

( I’ve been teaching more than 25 years; 25 at M’Side.)