News Comment 7

It is possible that as of Friday October 3rd, employers will no longer be required to include birth control coverage in their insurance plans. Employers and insurers who don’t disapprove of contraceptives have the right to refuse the option based “on sincerely held religious beliefs.”

I must say I do not agree with this one bit. Personal religious beliefs should have no place in deciding whether a female employee should be provided contraceptives. The way I see it, using birth control is a very personal decision that every woman should decide for herself. If you don’t approve of contraceptives, don’t use them. But do not refuse to offer me the option. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/politics/trump-birth-control.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fus&action=click&contentCollection=us&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on October 10th, 2017

Respond to how the story covers the issue, Chelsea. Not to the issue itself. This story has impact, and will more than likely go to the courts to decide. More red meat, and it distracts people from what Trump is doing (or not doing) elsewhere.