http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/team/_/name/oak

Reading this article and seeing that the consensus pick for the Raiders is a second place finish in the AFC West absolutely amazes me.  Simply because most people for years have harped and poked fun at the Raiders for their completely hopeless attempts at trying to put together a football team that could compete with the average joe’s.  But this past off season has been the complete opposite of previous years.  Instead of owner Al Davis spending the millions of dollars on players that aren’t worth a dime, he goes out and spends his money on smart draft picks such as MLB Rolando McClain and DE Lamarr Houston, and also picking up great players in trades such as QB Jason Campbell and linebacker Kameron Wimbley.  With these additions, the Raiders finally look like a competent team that could possibly compete in the AFC West, and possibly squeak into the playoffs, thats a pretty big if, if I might say so.  My hopes are that the Raiders finally break the double digit loss totals from the past seven years and that they finally become a .500 team.  Go 8-8 and I could be perfectly happy for the rest of the year knowing that things are finally turning around in Raider Nation.  The addition of Jason Cambell alone is reason for optimism as the article suggests, all he has to do is manage the game, and don’t self implode on himself and the Raiders stand a very good chance of winning 8 maybe 9 games this year.  There is a lot reason for optimism in the Oakland Raider camp.

One Response to “Reason for Optomism in Raider Nation?”

1.   Fuglsang Says:

OK, Cory, but don’t forget to address the story as a story. Why should anyone outside of Oakland care? Are you critical of ESPN for its ignorance, or its bias, or its laziness? Should sports even be considered news? Why? I’ll expect an essay response by Tuesday.

Have a good weekend.