header image

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

The message is to the girl who is about to get married.  The message given to her from the female mercenary is that girl should not act as she did.  It is not right for a girl to act as a boy by stealing things, nor do girls need a sword.  She has put not only herself in great danger but also her family.  I believe the dropping of the tea cup had some significance but I did not catch on to it.

~ by Brianna on .

2 Responses to “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon”

1. You are on track. The female mercenary is telling the girl that she knows the girl took the sword and that in order to avoid a major catastrophe, the girl needs to return it. The girl is also told how serious the situation is when it is revealed that the person who was killed was a police officer. Interestingly, all this info is conveyed in casual conversation between the female mercenary and the girl’s mother.

The teacup dropping was the female mercenary’s way of testing the girl’s martial arts skills, and catching it was the girl’s way of saying, “yes, I did it”.

2. I believe the dropping of the tea cup had some significance but I did not catch on to it.
    I think the old lady wants to know whether the girl is a kungfu fighter or not.