Oct 18 2010

History

Posted at 12:37 am under Uncategorized

I think that learning about a place’s history is important because to fully understand the place you have to know where the place originated. Knowing the background teaches you everything that it has gone through and it is common knowledge that history repeats itself so in order to escape the problems from the past you have to know about them and learn from them. Your role will be affected by the roles that were played by other alumni members. I will be someone at Morningside who has grown and taken my lessons learned with me where ever I end up going after graduating.

2 responses so far

2 Responses to “History”

1.   Frankieon 18 Oct 2010 at 3:39 pm 1

I shared a lot of the same ideas about the importance of understanding a place’s history as you did. You made a very good point that history often repeats itself if problems from the past are not learned from. I also agree that where ever we go from here, we will take the things we learned from Morningside and use them to our best abilities.

2.   Kaitlinon 18 Oct 2010 at 3:39 pm 2

I agree we are learning where we come from and what makes us who we are when we understand our history, and our surroundings history. I agree with your point of learning from our past and not repeating our mistakes.