Should MNCs protect shareholder value by restricting the placement of female employees in certain foreign countries?

I think that it is impossible for you to change someone’s culture when dealing overseas. If placing a female employee in the workplace is against their culture/beliefs and they find it offensive then doing so may make or break any deal that you are trying to work out. Many countries, in our eyes, are sexist towards women. But that is in their heritage that has been taught to them from generation to generation. It may look bad to us but to them it may be the norm.

3 thoughts on “Should MNCs protect shareholder value by restricting the placement of female employees in certain foreign countries?

1. You have a good point that you can not change a country’s culture just to do business there. Do you think that foreigners doing business in another country could eventually, over time, change that culture? Would this be the “”Americanization” of the world, starting with the proliferation of McDonald’s and ending with everyone being just like us?

2. I like your ideas~~I am really agree with you said that:that is in their heritage that has been taught to them from generation to generation. It may look bad to us but to them it may be the norm.
    However, I think everything should be changed and developing. like my country, China, it is totally different, and also sexism is much more better than before.

3. I believe that you are correct when you say that we do not need to try and change other cultures to fit our own needs. I also believe that when meeting with foreign people to conduct business we need to be aware of the culture and try to come to some form of amicable mediation between the two groups. Just a quick question for you: Do you feel that most American based companies would lose a deal if the best person for the job is a woman?