Couple Shoot

From white to red, this wedding day turned bloody after a man shot this wife.

Richard and Laurette Brunson were married on Saturday on the front porch of their home. Sargent Mann stated, “Richard Brusin, 50, shot his wife, Laurette Kenny Brunson, 38, with a .22-calibre handgun. The shooting occurred at 5 pm. It happened after she threw a plate of wedding reception macaroni salad at him. His whereabouts are still unknown. The couple has been living together in their house for four or five months before they were married. A neighbor called the police. By the time police arrived, the groom was gone. Laurette Burnson is in St. Luke’s Hospital. Micheal Martin Commented, he has never seen them violent and it blows him away.

The Hospital made a statement saying she was shot in the abdomen and is in satisfactory condition.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Couple Shoot

1. fuglsang says:

I feel like the lead is a bit graphic, but I’m OK with that. If it’s accurate.

Keep including paragraph breaks. That will be a signal to your reader that they should pause and take a breath.

You have the attribution before the quote. Good. I’ve always been partial to “colon” introductions, rather than leaving the sentence hanging for a second:

Officer Mann described the scene:

Neighbor Michael Martin had this to say:

I would include her condition before going into the details. Just so people know she’s OK.