Indigo Palette

Indigo Palette
Today our feasting crew of eating Sioux land ate at Indigo Palette located on 4th street in Sioux City. There seems to be a trend of goo restaurants on the street. I have driven up and down 4th street quite often but without taking this class I never would have found them. Now that I know the area better I can revisit them. Indigo Palette took me off guard when I walked into the restaurant with the overall theme. It was the combination of an antique store, coffee shop, bar, and a sandwich joint. It was a very unique set up. But it was nice to be able to admire the paintings on the wall during our meal.
I started my meal off with some water and the soup of the day. I had no idea what I was in for when I ordered it. It wasn’t bad but it didn’t compliment the sandwich that I would soon order for my main meal. The soup contained a dark brown broth with mixed vegetables, noodles, and beef. I ordered the red turkey sandwich which contained oven roasted turkey, melted white cheese, and an interesting breading choice of cranberry bread. So you can see how the soup and my main course didn’t go together very well. The soup alone was good and would have been much better if I decided on ordering a burger or some other meal that obtained beef from the menu. The sandwich was a different experience for me. I can quite simple describe it as a thanksgiving day dinner placed in between two slices of holiday breading. Over all I don’t have any complaints from the meal. I enjoyed my afternoon lunch there.
This wasn’t my favorite of the many visits we have been on but I did enjoy my experience. I believe I would have had a better time if I was wise enough to order a soup that would complement my soup rather than fight against it. I would like to go back because I feel as if I missed out on all of the different experiences at the restaurant. We dined there during there lunch hour so we only had a small taste of what the restaurant has to offer. I feel like if I want to engage in all of the experiences from Indigo Palette I would have to go several more times. I would like to explore into their dinner menu and bar. I also noticed that they have a stage in the back for a live band to come in and entertain their customers. Then there is the coffee shop side of it that I also didn’t get to enjoy. If you want to explore into Indigo Palette I recommend going more than once. They have much to offer.