Donovan McNabb Returns to Philly

I think that its fair to say that Donovan McNabb never go the respect that he deserved when he played in Philadelphia.

When McNabb was drafted by the Eagles as the number two overall pick in 1999, he heard boos instead of cheers. The Philly faithful wanted to see their team take running back Ricky Williams instead.

After leading the Eagles to five NFC Championship games, one Super Bowl, and being named to the Pro Bowl team six times, the Eagles decided to part ways with McNabb this past offseason and sent him to Washington.

This weekend the unappreciated McNabb returns to Philadelphia and he doesn’t know if he’ll be booed or cheered. I think it will be disgrace if McNabb isn’ cheered after everything he did for that organization. Philadelphia sports fans are known for being hard to please, but if they choose to boo McNabb they are just ignorant. They couldn’t have asked for a much better quarterback for the ten years he was there.

It’s kind of a shame that Mike Vick has played so well in the absence of Kevin Kolb because if he wasn’t playing so good, the Eagle fans would truly miss McNabb.

I expect McNabb to get booed on Sunday when he returns to Philadelphia and when he does, its all the more reason for me to classify Philadelphia sports fans as the worst in the country.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5629029

Comments

One Response to “Donovan McNabb Returns to Philly”
  1. fuglsang says:

So, what do you think the purpose of this story is, Tom? Is it intended to get people in Philadelphia thinking? Is it to whip up interest in the game? Is it the onbly thing interesting they could come up with for this game? Is it to make fun of Philadelphia?

It must have some value as news.