A Fresh New Look at the Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar

SAMSUNG

New Look!

It’s unfortunate that a prior establishment can affect your views on a new establishment in the same location, and that is what had happened to me in regard to the Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. Formerly the Coyote Canyon, it was known for its all-you-can-eat buffet. Unfortunately that buffet had poor food and was not known for its hygiene, and this affected my view on the current restaurant. Upon entering, I was surprised at how much change the restaurant had undergone, and was looking forward to the food. The Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is known for its unique food that ranges from steak to swordfish, an interesting meal for those who wish to journey into the unknown. While the price tag can be steep depending on which dish you choose, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed! Will I venture into swordfish territory, or choose a personal favorite such as Filet Mignon, we will find out!

Critique:

SAMSUNG

Salad

SAMSUNG

Fire!

SAMSUNG

Doesn’t that look great?

For my jaw chewing adventure today, I decided to try the Hibachi Filet Mignon, my absolute favorite cut of meat, and for my two sides I chose a side salad topped with ginger dressing and fried rice mixed with garlic butter, seasoning and eggs. The salad arrived first, which was a delight to say the least, and it was topped with ginger dressing and what appeared to be crunchy pieces of rice which added a contrast to the rich, flavorful dressing. An entertaining display of art followed the refreshing salad, as the chef graceful flipped an egg on his spatula with grace. He followed this with a few flames from the grill—make sure to cover your eyebrows—and tricks using the fried rice as he attempted to throw the pieces into our mouths! The fried rice was cooked first, and it was an explosion of flavor to say the least. The fried rice was cooked with seasonings and an incredible amount of garlic butter, which added a savory flavor combined with the starch of the rice. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection—medium—and without a doubt was the best steak I’ve had! It melted in my mouth with every bite, the juices exploded from each piece, and the garlic butter and seasonings only added to the flavor of the filet. The vegetables arrived shortly after, and were also packing a flavorful punch since they were cooked with seasonings and the garlic butter. The char on the carrots was fantastic, as it added a crunch, while the broccoli and zucchini were tender and juicy. The meal was spectacular and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a perfectly cooked steak, just don’t order it well-done or you might hear about it from the chef! Similar to the other restaurants I have attended, the service was friendly and accommodating, especially for a group as large as ours. The price tag can be a bit steep depending on the dish your choose, and my Hibachi Filet Mignon came to $11, but considering the service, entertainment and quality of food, I would overlook the price tag! Overall, I would give the Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar 4 out of 4 wisdom teeth!