Taja Prince

Whats Gucci ¿

Science Scavenger Hunt Article

The commonly know leisure drug, marijuana might have an important role in the medical field in coming years to help treat conditions ranging from brain injuries to cancer.

Edward Maa is an epilepsy and neurologist specialist at the University of Denver Colorado and had recently noticed how most of his patients had to turn to marijuana to help treat and cure their illnesses.

According to a recent article done by David Noonan in the Scientific American, studies suggest that tetrahydrocannabinal (THC), the main chemical found in marijuana might protect neurons in the brain from trauma and slow the growth of tumors and reduce brain damage in an Alzheimer patients brain.

The study is still in the works because most of the research is done in test tubes and rarely done on humans.

Source: Scientific American volume 312 Number 2 February 2015 pg 32-34

6 Comments

1. I?¦ll right away grab your rss feed as I can’t in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please let me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

2. What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & assist other users like its aided me. Good job.

3. You have brought up a very great points, thankyou for the post.

4. Hello, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring?K I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

5. Outstanding post, you have pointed out some superb points, I besides think this s a very excellent website.

6. Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all appear to get something done.