Taja Prince

Whats Gucci ¿

Stuart Scott Accepts Jimmy V Award (speech writing)

“our life’s journey is really about the people that touch us”

“Dont give up. Dont ever give up” To be honored with this I also have the responsibility to never give up

When you die, that doesn’t mean you lose to cancer, You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live. So live. Fight like hell, and when you get too tired to fight, lay down and rest and let someone else fight for you.”

“Our life’s journey is really about people that touch us.” Stuart Scott said that when he accepted the Jimmy V Award last year. Soon after he passed away from cancer. The award is given to an individual who showed perseverance through tough times. Stuart Scott battled with

In his acceptance speech he spoke about an important message that needs to be heard by everyone. “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.” As a person battling with appendix cancer there were times when he just wanted to give in and give up. But during those times he said he always found a reason to fight; and that reason was all the people who have been there with him through it all and touched him.

One of the most prominent quotes that Scott said was, “When you die, that doesn’t mean you lose to cancer, You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live. So live. Fight like hell, and when you get too tired to fight, lay down and rest and let someone else fight for you.”

Right after he said this he asked his youngest daughter to come on stage with him because, “daddy needs a hug.”

You can be the richest person alive but when you die do you really want to be known for all the money you had? You want to be known for the impact you had on other peoples lives and how you inspired them.

Stuart Scott did just that, as a husband, father and a man battling cancer he never gave up. He always found a reason to see the light in a dark time, and that is why Stuart Scott was the 2014 recipient of the Jimmy V Award.

7 Comments

1. I simply needed to thank you very much yet again. I do not know the things that I would’ve handled without those thoughts provided by you over such a topic. It became a real frustrating crisis in my opinion, however , finding out a well-written technique you solved the issue forced me to leap for contentment. I will be thankful for your support and have high hopes you comprehend what an amazing job you are always carrying out educating others thru a web site. I’m certain you have never encountered any of us.

2. Very interesting details you have noted, thanks for putting up.

3. excellent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the other specialists of this sector don’t realize this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

4. Fantastic blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

5. I like this web site very much, Its a very nice post to read and obtain info . “What is called genius is the abundance of life and health.” by Henry David Thoreau.

6. Some really fantastic blog posts on this website , thankyou for contribution.

7. Remember that speech leads need to summarize what was said, Taja. You sort of do that in the second graf, but you need to cut away the other stuff that can wait.