Science News story

science news story

The dangerous hole in the Ozone is getting smaller. According to Sciencenews.org, this year it has come to its smallest maximum in 20 years. The ozone layer protects the Earth from ultraviolet radiation from the sun. Every fall season, the hole in the ozone layer grows to its annual maximum.

On September 22 the hole grew to around 21 million square kilometers, which is about the size of North America. This is the smallest it has been since 1990. These measurements have been generated from NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

NASA and scientists say, human-made carbon gasses are most responsible for destroying the ozone layer and cold temperatures help the damage. But this year temperatures have been warmer which has limited the destruction of the ozone layer. This has led to a smaller hole and a better ozone layer.

About Shane

I come from Ghent Minnesota. I love tuna casserole and enjoy playing video games. I made a sweet trampoline dunk video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Ag1E2Ym4Q. There is the link
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Science News story

1. fuglsang says:

Pretty good, Shane. In that second sentence, repeat ozone layer instead of using “it.” You’ll be clearer.