Descriptions of Last Person I Talked To

November 28th, 2016

The last person I talked to (my roommate) was fatigued and was letting the Monday- after- break get the best of her. While walking to breakfast, her hair was still damp and didn’t have time to dry it. Foundation was caked on her face. Bags under her eye’s. She was out of breath half way from Dimmitt to the caf. The weight of her backpack slowed her pace and prevented her from standing up straight.

“What was that big thud in the living room last night or was I just dreaming?” I asked.

My roommate sighs. “My backpack which had my laptop in it fell off of the futon. It happened just as I came back to the room at 2am last night.”

“2am?”

“Don’t worry. I slept in until 6:45!” she said proudly.

One Response to “Descriptions of Last Person I Talked To”

1. fuglsang on November 29, 2016 1:43 pm

The dialogue makes this work, Rachael. It not only affirms her heavy backpack and her exhaustion, but also the roommate relationship. If I was to suggest cutting something itr would be the caked foundation. But maybe I’m just being a guy.

Comments RSS