News Comment 8

October 12th, 2015

I read an article from the New York Times called, “Zimbabwe Won’t Charge Dentist Who Killed Cecil the Lion” written by Norimitsu Onishi. This article was about how Dr. Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, isn’t being charged for killing Cecil and is able to return as a tourist to Zimbabwe.

Yes, this story is newsworthy because the killing happened just this past summer, so it’s recent. It was also a very popular story and people will be wanting to know the verdict.

The audience would be anyone who was a fan of Cecil the lion, or anyone who followed the story and would like to know the verdict.

The lead seemed to be the first 2 paragraphs. It gives a brief background of what happened during the summer. The second paragraph talked about what the ruling is.

Since this ruling was just announced today, I’m assuming there will be more details to come about why Zimbabwe is letting Dr. Palmer even return after being called a “foreign poacher”. Even though they found Palmer’s documentation for the hunt to be real, I would like to know Zimbabwe’s reasoning a bit more and would like to know how Palmer feels about this.

Theo Bronkhorst played a part in the killing as well, but is only briefly mentioned. That makes sense though because the purpose of the article was the ruling on Palmer. I like that they did it that way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/world/africa/zimbabwe-will-not-charge-dentist-who-killed-cecil-the-lion.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region&_r=0

2 Responses to “News Comment 8”

1. fuglsang on October 19, 2015 8:57 am

My guess is Zimbabwe did not want to set a precedent of charging tourist-hunters who spend lots of money in Africa. Bronkhorst will likely walk as well. Killing animals is a great way to make money.

2. sexhd pics ita on August 10, 2018 9:04 pm

milfhunter karina july kissing sugar sex

Comments RSS