Water Tampering

On November 1, in Hollywood, Florida, Earl Davis reportedly climbed the fence of the Hollywood treatment plant and took off his clothes.  Davis then proceeded to turn off some of the power switches in the control room.

It was then reported by the FBI that Davis put on a hazardous material suit and turned off the backup generator and some more power switches.  By this time personal working at the plant were able to halt Davis from causing any more problems.

This story does not strike me as being very important.  On the other hand this is a story that could very well affect the people of Hollywood, Florida.

Earl Davis could have caused a far more serious problem if plant personnel had not reached him when they did.  Davis could have caused a major problem for the plant and the water could have easily been contaminated which would have an impact on the people of Hollywood.

This article was written very well. The story was concise and to the point.

If I were to write this article I would have included some more information about Earl Davis. A question I would address would be why Earl decided it best to take off his clothes and get into a hazardous materials suit.

One Response to “Man accused of water tampering after strange acts”

1.   fuglsang said:

It’s a bit bizarre, which is probably why the SCJ carried it. Realize that this is not the whole story, Ryan. This is just what’s left after the Journal stripped out all the unnecessary stuff…. Unnecessary for us in Iowa who wouldn’t get the Caifornina references.