Fox To Use Flying Cameras

October 1, 2010

FOX will use flying cameras for postseason baseball coverage

Everyone that has watched a pro football game on FOX has noticed the camera that hovers over the field giving everyone a close in look at huddles and plays.  Well now that same technology is going to be tested out for pro playoff baseball games.  The idea here is for the cameras to hover over bases and the pitching mound.   FOX is planning on testing the cameras out this weekend at the Philadelphia- Atlanta game.

I for one am not so sure that I am a fan of incorporating cameras during baseball games.  The article also states that the MLB has not yet come up with a plan if the ball is to hit the camera.  This is a main reason why I am not a complete fan of the cameras.

The article did a nice job of covering the subject .  The article gave all the information that the author was given as well about the subject.  It is a very interesting topic and was fun to read.

One Response to “Fox To Use Flying Cameras”

1.   fuglsang said:

Not just hit the camera. These cameras have a fairly elaborate cable system which is going to get in the way eventually. If one gets hit is it going to be a do-over? A foul?

I think there is a hint at the real purpose of this: advancing instant replay.