Bev’s On The River

Going to Bev’s was very exciting, I had always heard wonderful things about it and figured those people would not lie to me. While driving down there my GPS told me to turn a little too soon but other than that Bev’s was easy to find once in the area. When I got there I had no idea that we would be that close to the river. It was beautiful, the view and the restaurant.

While waiting for our table some of us sat at the bar and I decided to look through the cocktail menu. I loved how many of the drinks were named after movies.

Once we were seated our table was next to the windows and looked right out over the river. Our waitress came around and took our drink orders. Of course I got an ice tea and it was pretty generic.

Ice tea
Ice tea

The menus were gorgeous, they were green in color, thick, and folded into a trifold. On the front the restaurant’s logo on the front, which could be a woman’s face and hair, a schrimp, or both.

IMG_20130530_124442

The waitress returned after some time to get our lunch orders. I ordered the Prime Rib with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed vegetables, it also came with a house salad.

The salad came out first and was nicely done it had egg, onion, cheese, carrots, cucumbers, and a cherry tomato. A beard stick also came with the salad. The bread was not my favorite, it tasted kind of like a doughnut. The salad however was great! The lettuce was crisp and the toppings were fresh, even though the dressing was just ranch it was also good. I actually finished the whole thing.

House Salad
House Salad

One the menu it says that the prime rib will be a 7 oz piece, but when we got it the prime rib probably weighed more like 12-13 oz. The prime rib was good, I ordered mine medium rare and it was close to spot on, there wasn’t much seasoning on it which was a little disappointing. The garlic mashed potatoes were very tasty, the garlic was there but not over powering. The vegetables were ok, I expected them to be a little more seasoned and not so buttery.

The plate presentation for the prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes was not anything special. It was like any other prime rib plate; piece of meat on one side and potatoes on the other. The vegetables were in a separate dish and again in was nothing special.

Prime Rib with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables

For dessert I ordered the tiramisu. When it came out I thought that the size was average, which was a good thing after the main course. The sauce that was over the top was good and helped to keep the different layers together.

The plate presentation of the dessert was beautiful. The piece of tiramisu was placed in the center with a cream sauce drizzled over the top of the tiramisu and the plate and then two dollops of wiped cream on the side.

IMG_20130530_135717
Tiramisu

I will definitely be going back to Bev’s. The view was amazing and so was the food. This is a great date night place.

Link to Bev’s website- http://www.bevsontheriver.com/index.php