News Comment Week 1

There is a video that Vox put up this week titled “After Charlottesville: how do we cover an immoral president?” The main point of that article is quite clearly stated in the title; however you can also gather that Carlos Maza, the author of this article and the director of the video, is showing a great amount of bias in this question stating that President Trump is an immoral person. While I do not condone what President Trump has said or done in the aftermath of the happenings of Charlottesville, I also can’t help but noticed how he stages the video by putting a 5 word excerpt from trumps speech next to a video that shows the opposite of what trump has said. I do agree with the point of the video that President Trump said things he should not have and did things he should be ashamed of, there is also a lot of questionable things in the video itself.

I do believe that this is a news story that most people should see, it poses a very good question even though it is set up in a biased manner. It stimulates a thought process that most people don’t have an answer to, even Carlos says in the video he doesn’t know how to end the story because he doesn’t have an answer either. I think this story does a really good job of catering to the general everyday American and is not written specifically for a certain audience. I also believe that he leads into this article in a very direct way and just leaves the question there for you to examine throughout the entire video as you watch.

https://www.vox.com/videos/2017/8/17/16162816/strikethrough-after-charlottesville-how-to-cover-an-immoral-president