An area that I feel Morningside is currently lacking is the availability of help resources for faculty and instructors that are tailored for Morningside faculty and readily available. This is one of the areas I hope to address early in my time in my position as Educational Technologist. It will take time for this library of resources to be built. Here is a list of resources that we currently have available to us as well as a list of resources I hope to create over time.
Technology resources currently available:
- Moodle help for students: eClass4learning is a 24/7 helpdesk.
- Moodle help for instructors: Moodle Reference Desk.
- A username and password are needed. An e-mail was sent to all Morningside faculty and instructors with this information. If you need it again, please contact Kim Christopherson. Please save the e-mail for future reference
- Morningside Moodle Knowledgebase
- Accessed from Moodle upper left hand of the screen
- Has some basic information about setting up a Moodle page.
- I intend to work with IT in getting this knowledgebase more expanded. Right now it is a bit sparse.
- Tech Help Desk x5544
- Help desk for general technology issues.
Technology resources to be created
- Expand the Morningside Moodle Knowledgebase
- Create a series of short videos demonstrating some common issues with Moodle and Taskstream.
- Lists of free or inexpensive programs with possible uses in the classroom.
- List of gadgets available for loan and possible uses.
- Regular social media (Facebook page, Twitter) and blog entries from Morningside Ed Tech
- Morningside Educational Technology website as a central resource point (in progress and not yet live).