Scavenger Hunt

On my hunt to find somebody to create a doodle on a sticky note for me, I found Nancy Medel. When I stumbled across her she had on her glasses, had her long brown hair pulled back in a low ponytail, her backpack on and one headphone in. She was headed out of the library when I stopped her and asked for a favor. She stopped and obliged even though she seemed a little surprised. I explained that I was in a journalism class and was asked to go out and find somebody to create a doodle for me. I said it could be anything she wanted and she took my notebook with the sticky note on it and started to draw. She seemed uncomfortable, understandably so, as she drew the butterfly on the sticky note and handed it back to me. I asked her what she thought of me asking her to do this and she said, “I don’t know, it was random..unexpected.” After that I thanked her for her time and we went our separate ways.

1. Be aware of the signals that suggest surprised and uncomfortable. How do they lead you to a conclusion? The question at the end, and her answer, help quite a bit to fill out the description.

Speak Your Mind