Friday October 1st

The article I chose to write about this week was about colleges starting a car sharing program. The article caught my eye first because I can relate to it, and the concept of sharing a car sounds a little off.

The story didĀ  a decentĀ job in explaining what the program was about. Boise State is now “renting” cars out to students for eight dollars an our. They don’t have to pay for insurance or gas. I think the idea is great, a lot of freshman do not have a car, and also students from out of state do not need to bring their car with them. It’s also to help cut down the number of cars in the parking lots.

It also said the Colorado University has started a program like this, and I have heard of it before. I think Morningside could benefit from renting cars out because so many people complain about the parking, especially the people in the dorms.

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on October 6th, 2010

I think this is a cool idea, but trying to deal with insurance and maintenance would be a nightmare. There’s no way a small school like Morningside could afford this. There was a time, however, when students had access to a carpool of sorts that would take them to the mall.