My Not so Quiet Opinions on the News

Sondra Thoreson: Neutral

Sondra Thoreson decided that one word that would describe herself well was neutral. She said it worked because she doesn’t really go to extremes, and just kind of sits in the middle.

Thoreson didn’t really have one particular story to tell, but instead made her story one about her life. “Throughout my life, it seems that if I had one extreme, I immediately went to the other,” she said. “I had a pretty bad temper when I was little. If something didn’t go my way, I’d throw a massive fit. Just throwing stuff and screaming.”

“As I got older though, I started to mellow out. By the time I got into middle school, I kind of didn’t care about anything at all. I just let whatever happened happen.”

Thoreson now finds herself in the same shoes as many college students. Sometimes she does get a emotional, and other times she doesn’t. “Now that I’m in college, I kind of go back and forth. Sometimes I get angry, whether it be at an assignment, or a person, and sometimes I just don’t care about what’s going on.”

This is a good draft, Marcus. Given some time to revise and refine this would improve. Cut one sentence: “Thoreson didn’t really have one particular story to tell, but instead made her story one about her life.” Get some separation in the quotes.

Rather than neutral I might have gone with even-tempered, maybe even mellow.