My Not so Quiet Opinions on the News

Watch for Gesture Assignment

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat tonight with my friends. There really wasn’t one person that I could focus on, mainly because there were so many people there that were reacting to things that were happening either in the building, or on the TV’s.

There were two football games, two basketball games, and a hockey game that were playing on the multiple TV’s that they had in the building. The game that the most people were reacting to though, was the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans game. There were a couple of good defensive plays from the Steelers that elicited cheers from customers in the restaurant.

There was a table close to mine where one guy threw his hands in the air for those plays, and he kept a close eye on the game. When it looked like the Steelers were going to do well, he was bouncing his leg up and down, and when they were doing well, he was sitting so far forward in his seat it was amazing that he didn’t fall out of it.

Another guy was watching the Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors game. He would pound on the table when things weren’t going the way he wanted, though he was to far away for me to be able to tell who it was he was cheering for.

One thing that everyone in the building had in common was that they were all watching a TV to see the outcome of a game. Hopefully the team that they were cheering for won.

OK, Marcus. I think I have eaten at/in BWW twice; usually I get carry-out. I did not realize the patrons were so focused on the games and TVs. I’m not sure I see the point. Were these people with others who were sharing their fandom? What is the attraction of watching TV alone with others?

Have you made any progress with the broadcast story?