I just really like Mac & Cheese

Reasons from West Virginia on why people don’t vote

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/us/non-voters-midterm-elections.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

With the elections coming up, I found this article interesting and was curious. The audience I would say is Americans, voters, and people who will choose to not vote. The lead is interesting because it introduces the point of view of someone who used to be a frequent voter who felt it was her civic duty to vote, and why she doesn’t feel this way anymore.

It is newsworthy because elections are coming up, and it is interesting to people to hear negative opinions of why they won’t do something, especially if it was something the person once felt very strongly about in a different way. Americans also tend to click on stuff “Why most probably won’t…”, they want to be in the loop and know why others won’t probably vote.

This is also interesting, because this election is important, because it is for positions that last a while, and will make an impact, especially with the allegations in the news about one of the candidates.

I did think this article was quite long, but it is nice to have different viewpoints of different people throughout the article, including opinions, but also historians analyzing the norms of society that seem to be changing, but I think there were too many viewpoints and didn’t need that many opinions. I also think they needed to say in the lead that the focus of voters asked were in West Virginia, and many of the citizens that were not historians interviewed were just from West Virginia and that this article claiming “Most Americans” might not have accurately represented the rest of America based on the interviews conducted.

This was an interesting article. It caught my eye, though I did not read to the end.

Good discussion, Kaitlynn.