What are the 3 key insights you gained from today from responding to others’ drafts? (About writing/process, cause and effect, and/or persuasive argument)

• 3 key insights that I gained from today after responding to others’ drafts is that one of the best ways to ensure that you have a good paper is to make sure you have a topic that you are passionate about. I also realized that I am not alone in struggling with better explaining my ideas in order to ensure that others could understand it, since it seemed to be a common problem among the papers I read. The third thing I gained from today’s workshop is that it’s okay for a first draft not to be perfect; in fact, they’re meant to be a rough sketch of my essay.

Looking over the feedback you received, did anything surprise you? Did readers respond to your analysis in the way that you hoped? Why or why not?

• Considering the feedback I received, nothing really surprised me. For the most part, they responded the way I hoped and said that my analysis was interesting and they could understand it fairly easily.

Map out your plan for revising and developing your draft from here. Try to be as specific as possible.

• The main thing that I plan on revising is my word choice. Almost all the people who read my draft said that I used too many of the same words and seemed redundant at times, so I’d really like to work on that. I would also like to fix part of my introduction and change the errors pointed out by my peers in today’s workshop.