Bev’s on the River

As the class comes to a close, we got the chance to eat at Bev’s on the River. This was a very casual restaurant that I have never ate at. It is located down on the river off of Hamilton. The view from the restaurant is what I first noticed. It was impressive and set the mood for a nice lunch. The inside of the restaurant was unique and had a very casual feel. As a group they sat us at a big table so we could all sit together. I believe they just gave a lunch menu to us because it was simple and had a lot of sandwiches. Below is what was offered off the menu.

Menu

Menu

The menu had a lot of appealing choices on it. As a group we tried a few appetizers off the menu. We got some onion rings and steak strips. Both of these items were delicious and I would recommend them to anyone looking to have an appetizer. Everything on the menu looked good so I had a hard time deciding what to get. After looking it over carefully, I decided to get the chicken fried steak. Below is a picture of what my meal looked like.

Chicken Fried Steak

Chicken Fried Steak

The chicken fried steak came with a side of mashed potato’s and a choice of soup or salad. I decided to get the soup of the day which was brocalli cheddar. That came out a little after the appetizers. The soup was real cheesy and delicious. It was not the best brocalli cheddar I’ve had, but it had good taste. After eating my chicken fried steak and mashed potato’s, I observed that it was a perfect size for lunch. It was an easy dish to have during the lunch hour. The chicken fried steak had great taste and was topped in a tasty gravy. It was the perfect amount of food for me.

Since this was the first time I have ate here, my expectations were unknown. I knew it was a upbeat place with a unique style. This place exceeded my expectations. The only place they could improve on, was there service. They seemed a little slow for the lunch hour. This could be because of our large group, but that could be one person’s opinion. I would defiantly recommend this place for anyone looking for a good meal and a fun atmosphere.