Wiener Houses

Today we ventured downtown to visit the local hot dog restaurants. The first restaurant we went to was The Old Milwaukee Wiener House. This was my first time visiting this place and my first impression was that it was small. It was a nice looking place and I felt like I was in a hot dog place. The prices were very reasonable. They had a few varieties of different hot dogs. The employees they had working were friendly and excited to see us. The service was fast and they had plenty of room for us to sit. Below I have a picture of the grill they made the hot dogs on.

Cooked Hot Dogs

Cooked Hot Dogs

I decided to order the double dog. It seemed like a popular item on the menu, so I went with it. The double dog had two hot dogs in one bun. It was topped with chilli and cheese. I also got an order of chips and a chocolate shake. I thought the hot dog was very delicious and filling. The price was right for what I received. I would defiantly recommend getting the double dog if you ever visit. The chocolate shake was made fresh and tasted real good. The picture below shows my meal that I received.

Double dog with chips

Double dog with chips

The next place we visited was Coney Island. This place was a few more blocks up from the other place. I thought this place was small as well but they had friendly staff. Below I took a picture of outside Coney Island. Overall this was a nice little place and the employees were very friendly. They took their time to prepare the food and waited to are every need.

Coney Island

Coney Island

At Coney Island I decided to get the Coney Dog. This was the most popular item on the menu and it was ordered frequently. The Coney Dog had cheese, mustard, onions, and chilli. This dog was loaded with a lot of flavor. It had quite a bit of onions on it and I’m not a big fan of onions. Next time I would probably go light on the onions. Overall it was a delicious hot dog that lived up to the hype.

Coney Dog

Coney Dog

Overall both places were both good. If I were to choose a place to go back to, I would choose The Old Milwaukee Wiener House. I choose this place based off of the atmosphere and I thought they had a overall better hot dog. The service was fast and friendly. The food was delicious and I would not mind going back.