November 20th Reflection

19 11 2014

1. Last week, we spent time working on our final paper, especially our thesis for our final paper. From the exercise, I gleaned that my thesis wasn’t quite specific enough, but I think that I’ll be able to fix it after I’ve completely finished the researching and writing process. That way I’ll know exactly where my paper went before I have to use the thesis to say where it is going. I’ve spent a lot of time (and plan to spend a lot more time) on my paper this week, and I feel like I’ll have a pretty solid draft by the due date on Sunday.

We also spent some time talking about our senior portfolios and the objectives for the department. Looking back at some of my essays from my freshman year, I can see a vast improvement in both the style and content of my writing. Considering that I’m planning on going into a very writing-heavy field, I think that the skills I’ve learned through our English department should serve me well. I think that the Language and Grammar course alongside my creative writing classes, work in the Writing Center, and work on the Kiosk will prove especially helpful when I go into the field of publishing.

Actions

Information