Recent update

Subscribe to RSS feed

WNC #12

November 19th, 2010 by Gustav

As you might have noticed, i like to write about opinion pieces. This week i chose another story from the N.Y. Times. I want to keep it short. This article is about the pertaining situation of the economy. The author says it may be over, but it’s not going away. There are references made to children living with their grandparents thus causing a rather imbalanced social network system. Built on that, a lot of people take their benefits early, which hurts the economy in the long run.

This article sums it up for me. Anyone who claims we’re out of recession doesn’t fully understand the situation. You can only get out of a recession if you’re in a recovery. Right now, the nation is even struggling to maintain everyone’s benefits, and the upcoming decision about tax cuts (of the Bush admin) will stir the pot even further. I chose to look for something on the recession because i knew i would find some article like this one. That just goes to show you that we can euphemize all we want, but on paper, there no lies!

Posted in Weekly News Comment | | | 1 Comments

One Response to ' WNC #12 '

Subscribe to comments with RSS

1.   fuglsang said,

on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 AM

The info on the numbers of kids living with grandparents was new to me. I hadn’t considered that.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Categories

Archives