Recent update

Subscribe to RSS feed

WNC #9

October 28th, 2010 by Gustav

ThisĀ story is on the glorious loss of the Miami Heat to the boston Celtics in the NBA season opener on Tuesday. The website I found this on looks like a blog. Consequently, this is a piece of opinion. Tha author states that LeBron & entourage had the worst game they will have altogether this year. So this loss is in no respect a negative one. Rather, he suggests now the league fears the Heat will be even better, as they still didn’t lose the game by a large margin, considering their more than poor performance. The author also references the strength of the Boston Celtics, and how they are a team of veterans.

i think this is interesting, as it cuts to the heart of blogging. I am a Celtics fan, and that’s not just since they’ve become a major power in the Eastern Conference. Still, i appreciate what this blogger thinks he needs to say. And i mostly agree with his points. The Heat will bounce back, and certainly won’t have many of these “mediocre” games. What I specifically liked about this post was the way the author set it up. He tried to lead into his short story. A joke served for the introduction, then he quickly maneuvered to get his point across. I also enjoyed reading some quotes, which gave the post the feel of a news story. Yes, a feel… but nothing more. The quotes could be from anywhere, or how would anyone know where this blogger got his information from. But that’s not a problem. I believe this blog was written adequately to its context. That means, it doesn’t try to arue a particular hostile point either against Celtic or Heat fans.

Posted in Weekly News Comment | | | 1 Comments

One Response to ' WNC #9 '

Subscribe to comments with RSS

1.   fuglsang said,

on November 1st, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I’m not sure the link is correct, Gustav. It took me to some music download thing.

You bring up a good point: How do we know where bloggers get their quotes. Very few (that I’ve seen) attribute their quotes to the other media outlets they borrow from. Isn’t that sort of unethical?

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Categories

Archives