Loving Myself Every Day

Life is happening…right NOW!

“I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped.  Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.” – Audrey Hepburn

So, many of you know that for the past six months, I have been living at home and looking for a job.  Which has been discouraging a lot of the time.  I love my family very much, and I truly didn’t mind living at home….don’t get me wrong on that.  But at times, I felt like I had failed myself.  I spent so much time, money, and energy on college; yet, here I was looking like a loser.  I didn’t even have a job that paid enough for me to have an apartment.  And looking for a job has been so disheartening.  A lot of times, I wasn’t hired because I didn’t have enough experience.  How can a recent college graduate get experience if no one gives him/her a chance? I felt like my life was passing me by, that somehow I’d done something wrong along the way.

But the past week, everything has changed.  On Sunday, I applied for a job.  Monday, said job called me and offered me an interview.  Went to Omaha and interviewed on Tuesday.  Wrote a thank you note on Wednesday.  Worried all day Thursday, and Friday called to see how the process was going.  I was offered the job! I accepted on the spot because I had been so impressed at my interview.  Everyone I met at this interview had a smile on their face and was kind and helpful.  The offices were GORGEOUS, the benefits and compensation were fitting, and I was being considered for a job higher than the one I applied for.  For once, I was over-qualified.  I will be working at a workman’s compensation insurance company owned by Berkshire-Hathaway; Warren Buffet’s company.  I’ll be working in the marketing department as a business development representative.  I’m so excited!!!!  Now I have to find an apartment, figure out how to move and what to take, and make new friends along the way.

Now that I don’t have to write this blog for school, I’ve been trying to think of new things to write about.  I’ve kinda decided to focus on health and fitness.  Of course, I’ll give updates about my life too.  Something I’ve always wanted to do was try going vegan.  For those of you who don’t know, vegan is where you don’t eat any animal by-products.  No meat, eggs, cheese, milk, or fish….some vegans don’t even eat honey.  I love honey though, so honey is staying.  I’ve done the vegetarian thing a few times, and loved it.  It’s just hard to maintain at my house….my family eats a lot of meat.  With five kids, sometimes a pork loin is the most effective way to get everyone fed.  Totally understandable though.  And even now, living at home and being a vegan wouldn’t jive.  I’m sure my food that I bought would get eaten.  I mean, I bring leftovers home from a restaurant and John asks if he can have them before they even get into the fridge.  So going vegan is going to be the biggest endeavor of my new life.

As for fitness, I’ve started working out a little.  Mostly hiking, walking, and some squats/sit-ups/lunges in the living room.  My family has a Y membership though.  So I’m going to start doing that and blogging about it.  I figure if you all are depending on me and waiting all day for my blog posts, it will help hold me accountable.  My food intake will probably be on here too.  Don’t think of it as one of those weird thinspiration sites though.  This is about being healthy and feeling good!

I hope you will join me on this journey.  I’d love for you to write your food intake/workout and any tips you have in the comments.  Let’s get healthy together!