News Comment
Friday November 02nd 2012, 2:52 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

With the announcement that Hard Rock coming to Sioux City and now an expansion to the Port Fertilizer company. The jobs that both of those two projects are going to create are well into the triple digits. It’s great news for the people of Siouxland knowing that jobs are getting created and more people will be able to help our city grow. For the general Sioux City population I think that the increase in job growth is going to be very beneficial. I am looking forward to seeing just how much the area changes with these big changes. Reading more about the expansion of the fertilizer company that 700 jobs would be created not counting the amount of construction workers. With the good news there is a downfall. With an increase of people the crime rate could become higher. The class sizes in the schools could also increase. Will Sioux City have enough housing for all of the incoming people who wish to move here? There is many more problems that could come up in time but I’m sure that city officials can tackle them as they surface. I do believe that the change for Siouxland is going to be great.

A day late, but we can make it work.

The comments you make here — jobs, economic impact — are exactly why this is news, Erin. Think about the stories in that context.

Comment by    fuglsang 11.02.12 @ 8:12 pm