Creativity
Wednesday November 14th 2012, 10:31 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

Again we have the topic of creativity in schools. I strongly believe that creativity is a big part of why so many students thrive in school. Lately school systems have seemed to cut programs such as art and music which I think is a very bad thing because it allows students to use their creative juices and do something that interests them. In these videos I really enjoyed the story of the girl drawing God. The teacher said “we dont know what he looks like” and the little girl said “they will after I finish drawing him!” This is a prime example on how creativity creates passion and inspiration for kids to draw what they feel should be drawn and how they see it. They learn more about themselves through this rather than reading a textbook about something else that already happened. If we got rid of programs that promote creativity in not just elementary schools but also high schools and colleges, students would have a lack of passion for what they are doing and I also think that without having these types of classes students will put less effort in other classes then they would if they had more courses with creativity.