Click Here

This article is about how the city of Anoka put a windmill on Anoka High School. Anoka is one of 11 cities in the Minnesota Municipal Power Agency.   Many people are happy with this construction.  Officials and students are happy this is happening.  This windmill will generate enough power for 40 homes and 25% of Anoka High School’s power needs.

I think this is an interesting article because you hear of windmills by farms and in the country but you never really hear about them being in the city.  This windmill is not the only one in the city.  There are supposedly 11 cities that will have windmills.  I think this is newsworthy because it is different to see a windmill in the city.  I think the newspaper could have expanded more on this topic.  I’m left wondering why these 11 cities are a part of this group?  What is the Minnesota Municipal Power Agency?  How much will this change energy cost in Anoka?  And who and how was it decided that 40 homes would get to benefit from this?  I think the paper should have looked farther into the topic.

9 Responses to “Windmill in the Twin Cities”

1.   Renee Says:

Macalester College has a windmill on their college campus. I think that is genius. They are in the heart of St.Paul. What other colleges that claim to be green have windmills on their campus to help with electric generation? Come on Morningside, I know you are doing great things with your green works but where is your windmill? Sorry, Corinne.

2.   Solomon Cadorette Says:

I found this particular an informative and intriguing blog site. Thank you.

3.   złoto Says:

Thank you for posting your results. It’s a great help to those of us just starting out who have a small budget.

4.   vivek dhupar Says:

I have little confusion on it so please explain it.

5.   Christmas Nikon Camera Deals Says:

As a teacher, I grade a lot of writing assignments. Thats a hard habit to break so I give you a strong A+ for this article. Its interesting and wellwritten.

6.   Christmas Kindle PaperWhite Deals 2012 Says:

Thanks, are you looking for real estate in Sanford, FL Learn where the deals are, get REO lists and find houses for sale in Lake Mary.

7.   Sony Camera Christmas Coupons Says:

This web page is actually a walkthrough for all of the internet it suited you concerning this and didnt know who ought to. Glimpse here, and youll definitely discover it.

8.   Piper Says:

I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your information. This great article has really peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your Feed too.

9.   Frankie Says:

Hello there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have got here on this post. I will be coming back to your site for more soon.