Streaming Customer Service

“This is Captain Mike of the good ship, Netflix. Which member of the crew am I speaking with today?”

Netflix customer service is a far cry from the customer service calls of old; a refreshing blend of wit and personality. In reading this “Huffington Post” article, it become apparent just how ingenious the Netflix streaming strategy is. With no need for upgrades, due to the a flat rate of $7.99 each month, customer service representatives are allowed to “be themselves.”

This article was newsworthy simply because it defies the norm. It shines a bright spotlight upon the bold changes certain organizations are making. The freedom of an employee to express their personality is a brilliant way to gain the respect and appreciation of customers.

To quote the article, “The exchange resonated with anyone who’s ever sat through the hell of an automated customer service call, and it’s one example of how Netflix is aiming to do something different with its customer service. Netflix help chats don’t feature a robotic, dizzying array of menu options, or a company agent using a script.”

All-in-all, this article was incredibly well-written. It featured links to the entire “Captain Mike” customer service conversation with the customer, as well as a video explaining the Netflix culture. There were several quotes from a former customer service worker. The most important thing for me, however, was that it captured my attention from start to finish. Read it. You won’t regret it.

To view the article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/netflix-customer-service_n_4178662.html?hpt=hp_bn18

2 Responses to “Streaming Customer Service”

1.   fuglsang
    November 6th, 2013 | 2:38 pm

I don’t know. This just doesn’t seem all that newsworthy to me. And the article goes on way too long. It’s also WAY too adoring of Netflix. Am I being a grump?

2. April 2nd, 2016 | 6:19 pm

Its extremely good YouTube video in terms of features, in fact fastidious, its quality is truly appreciable Between the Rows » Streaming Customer Service .
    Wholesale Cigarettes http://www.okinawaunderground.com/topic.jsp?topicId=11845034