Change of Scenery?

Location, location…relocation?

After finally settling in at home in Library room 111, several Morningside students are moving to a new classroom. Due to renovation and construction on campus, several classes will be moving. The Morningside College web page describes the new location as a “State of the Art Smart Classroom” in Roadman Hall.

Despite the name, the setting isn’t exactly “State of the Art,” however. The room features several 2000 dates on the equipment, and houses multiple box-television sets.

Several students were asked how they felt about the situation.

“I think it’s going to be really hard, because I don’t know if I’ll remember to go there every day,” sophomore Jordan Truckenmiller scoffed.

For most students, simply remembering to go to the right room seems to be the biggest challenge.

Morningside junior Kelsey Paulson explained, “It doesn’t really bother me, except I know I’ll be going to the library for a couple weeks forgetting we switched!”

It might be an inconvenience, but a classroom is a classroom. As they say in showbiz, “the show must go on.”

For Audio Version: Change of Scenery?

One Response to “Change of Scenery?”

1.   fuglsang
    November 6th, 2013 | 3:09 pm

Did you record Jordan and Kelsey. You introduce Kelsey correctly–before the quote. Doing it that way informs the reader who is speaking. Good conclusion, though you would usually maintain the theme of the introduction (real estate) into the conclusion. Bring the story all the way around to where it began.

Talking to an “expert” — Dave, Susan Burns, etc. — would have been advisable.