A Shot to the Heart

The honeymoon is over for Richard and Laurette Brunson. The two were married around 2pm yesterday afternoon. Shortly following an incident at the reception, shots were fired, and Mrs. Brunson found herself in the hospital. The shooter was none other than Mr. Brunson himself. Their neighbor, Walter Corse, described the panic at the scene.

Neighbor Walter Course described the incident. “I heard the sound of the shot, or I think I did. It was kind of a pop, pop, pop. And then the son came out yelling ‘she’s been shot and can’t breath.’”

Following the shot, Richard Brunson was nowhere to be found. Police are still in search of the 50 year-old suspect.

Another neighbor, Marilyn Corse, was the last to see the suspect leaving. “I just feel so bad for the kids having to see this. He ran off with no shirt and no shoes.”

Certainly a far cry from “‘Til death do us part.”

For Audio: FundofJournShooting

2 Responses to “A Shot to the Heart”

1.   fuglsang
    October 28th, 2013 | 11:23 am

The written lead is good, Casey. Why not carry it over? You won’t often end a story on an actuality. As the reporter you should take it out. In this case, I would end with, “Police are still…”

2. February 17th, 2015 | 11:46 pm

It is a whole different thinjg when youu go out to shop
    knowing that tomorrow you ought to have a complete new
    outfit for a wedding, or some other special occasion, or else you simply will not be able to go.
    Earlier it was thoight that women with slim figures can look
    beautiful only. Now a day a lot of universities aree fulfilling the demand by offering these types of courses.
    Like the big bird, you could stick your head in thhe proverbial sand, say nothing
    and hope for the best.