Is Fantasy Football Killing America’s Sport?

Football is a game. Plain and simple, it’s a pastime; something to enjoy. The National Football League is by far the most popular medium, with 32 teams garnering the allegiance of nation-wide fan bases.

The newest epidemic sweeping these fans is fantasy football. In essence, players receive points for yardage and touchdowns. The popularity of the NFL has skyrocketed in recent years, and many point to the simple scoring system that began its development in the New York Milford Plaza Hotel in 1963.

In talking to several students around the Morningside campus, it was apparent that fantasy football was their Sunday focus. Students can be overheard talking about how many points their players score in almost all common areas.

In speaking to Josh Porcher, a Mustang football player said it best. “As a fan of the game, I can’t enjoy watching the actual game itself. I’m too busy wanting one player to do well instead of the whole team. In fantasy football, wins don’t matter. You only care about individuals.”

And that raises an interesting question. Has the inception of fantasy football dimmed the game itself? Have fans surrendered their team colors for a set of players and a complex scoring system.

Reviews are split amongst the fans. Just ask Eric Draper of the Morningside wrestling team.

“I’m definitely more interested now. I’ve never really been interested in the NFL, but now that I’m playing fantasy football, I feel like I’m a part of the action.”

Chris Stevenson, a business accounting major from LeMars, Iowa, also gave his point of view on the topic. “I f*cking love fantasy football. The fact that you can watch football and win money without picking a final score…I love it.”

Stevenson also pointed out a major issue with the system. “Let’s say I like the Vikings, and I’m playing against Adrian Peterson in my weekly matchup. Now I have to root against one of my favorite players. That part sucks.”

Fantasy football has brought a new flare to the game, but in doing so, it has shined a spotlight on the individual performance. If money is what the league is after, they have found another way to gain subscribers and interest. If the NFL is about the sanctity of the game, Fantasy football may very well be a danger to the sport itself.

12 Responses to “Is Fantasy Football Killing America’s Sport?”

1. May 27th, 2015 | 2:23 am

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a stuff!
    present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web page.

2. February 12th, 2017 | 12:28 pm

3. August 10th, 2018 | 11:20 am

thrill seeker

4. August 10th, 2018 | 7:49 pm

thepainfiles kaz b pioneer brutal free edition

5. August 10th, 2018 | 8:10 pm

tubeqd playgirl

6. August 13th, 2018 | 1:08 am

Amazing porn video Cute blonde teen with wet pussy screwed in bathroom for free on PornxXxSex. Watch the Cute blonde teen with wet pussy screwed in bathroom scene featuring Viktor, Teena Lipoldino produced by 18videoz.

7. August 13th, 2018 | 10:50 pm

yespornpics sex melissadoll melissa doll soliel slim ebonyass twerk

8.   Syaiful
    September 20th, 2018 | 11:22 pm

what the different about football and fantasy football

9. August 8th, 2020 | 1:43 am

Good article
    please Visit Us

10. September 17th, 2022 | 2:40 am

It’s really nice and meaningful. It’s really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing. you have really helped lots of people who visit this blog and provide them useful information. Thanks for sharing

11.   muh.Khaj
    October 9th, 2022 | 9:18 pm

Thank you for sharing! please feel free to visit us

12.   muh.Khaj
    October 9th, 2022 | 9:18 pm

Thank you for sharing! this information helps anyone. please feel free to visit us