This weekend, the Oakland Raiders play host to the Kansas City Chiefs in the fabled Colosseum in Oakland, California.  Not since 2002 have the Raiders nor the Chiefs played a meaningful game with so much to gain and so much to lose.  Currently the Chiefs hole a 1/2 game lead in the AFC West, the team directly behind them?  The Raiders, not since 2002 have the Raiders and Chiefs been 1 and 2 in the division.  With this game having massive repercussions, it sounds like the Raiders will end the blackout streak at 11 straight games dating back to the Monday Night Football match up with the Chargers!  And for the first time this year, many people around the nation will get to watch the once great rivalry revive itself on CBS this Sunday.  As for picking the winner in this one, 5 ESPN “experts” picked the Chiefs, while 3 ESPN “experts” picked the Raiders.  My pick is for the Raiders to continue their resurgence and win this one close, 24-21 with Darren McFadden continuing his dominance with another 100 yard+ game.

One Response to “Raiders vs Chiefs Actually Matters”

1.   fuglsang Says:

I guess I missed this one. I do remember it was supposed to be a rivalry at one time.