Twinkie

My professor tossed me a plastic wrapped, golden Hostess treat–Yes, a Twinkie. Didn’t they stop making these? I was careful to not squeeze too hard when I caught the flung junk food. The transparent plastic lining was covered with 6 or 7 red logos that said Hostess on it, with a little red heart above the O. As I scanned the famous food, I could see the creme filling leaking out through the bottom of Twinkie.

When I opened the plastic wrapper, hearing the crinkling that signified I was about to feel bloated for the next hour, the smell of sponge cake and whipped cream filled my nostrils. The cake part of the roughly 4-inch long Twinkie was sticky, almost to the point where I wished I did’t grab it so hard. I pulled my fingers off and there was a little part of the Twinkie stuck to my finger. I licked it off, and proceeded to take a bite.

It reminded me of every delicious Hostess or Little Debbie treat that I had when I was ten and chubbier than most other kids. I could feel the sugary creme and sponge cake slide down my throat.It definitely tasted better eleven years ago.

0 Responses to “Twinkie”

Comments are currently closed.