News Comment 11-14-13

Article in Question: http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a508189/matt-damon-i-get-mistaken-for-mark-wahlberg-all-the-time.html

So apparently this is a thing. People legitimately confuse Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg. This has come to the point where the two have had to confer about it to figure out how to resolve such a situation. It has come to the point where they actually pretend to be each other and sometimes even fake signatures.

Now I know this is a short article and anything in this that makes it longer than the article itself is expected to be fluff, but do you honestly think that the two look so alike that people confuse them? Wouldn’t it likely be possible that, upon hearing their voices, that they’d be able to tell the difference.

Maybe I’m just an audio guy, but Damon speaks in a distinctively lower voice in the register that Wahlberg very rarely uses. Not to mention the Bostonian accent that Wahlberg sometimes sports. Maybe I’m just being to analytical/cynical (cynalyitical?) about it.

1 comment so far ↓

#1   fuglsang on 11.17.13 at 15:28

This doesn’t quite qualify as a profile. More of an odd consequence of the two actors’ similarity. Damon is also from Boston, so the accents may be similar.

You must log in to post a comment.