Alumni Spotlight: Chris Delfs (’09)

Chris Delfs is a 2009 Morningside College graduate who even worked at Morningside for a time before pursuing a career in real estate. Delfs is the current assistant managing broker at Keller Williams Siouxland.

“In my profession I am active as a member of the board of directors for the Northwest Iowa Regional Board of Realtors, which oversees 17 counties of realtors,” Delfs said. “I am active in state committees and regularly engage our state legislature to work for property owner rights.”

Delfs also serves as a board member for several organizations and is an active volunteer in the Siouxland community. “I find that giving back to my community financially or with my time and talents is a great way to stay connected and help me feel a sense of adding value to those around me,” he said.

Delfs said that he chose to attend Morningside for convenience, the atmosphere of the campus and quality of education that he would receive. Today, he is still involved with campus events and activities.”I’ve found that the Morningside experience does not end at graduation. For me, remaining connected has helped me appreciate my college experience,” Delfs said.

His favorite thing about Morningside was the people. “The culture of the college from when I met with admissions was like walking in and meeting with family. It carried throughout the staff and faculty during my Morningside experience,” Delfs said.

During college, Delfs enjoyed being involved. He worked on campus at the radio station, KMSC (92.9 FM), and served as the manager there for a short period of time. Additionally, he worked in computer services. “Both were great experiences and a fun way to be connected with the staff and students,” he said.

His advice to current students was to get involved in areas that interest you. Additionally, he said, “Ask questions and follow the people that you aspire to be like.”

His advice for young alumni? “Remember that the college has resources available to help in career services, and get connected with the alumni group,” Delfs said. “There are a lot of people who are there and willing to help you with mentoring, networking and career advice.”

Published in: on February 7, 2018 at 1:43 PM Comments (6)

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://wordpress.morningside.edu/alumninewsletter/2018/02/07/alumni-spotlight-chris-delfs-09/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

6 Comments Leave a comment.

1. on February 14, 2018 at 12:12 AM microagulhamento video Said:

Como maior, em grau superior ela metediço na casca. https://mcaf.ee/poi0d7

2. on May 7, 2018 at 2:29 PM big company Said:

Websites worth visiting

[…]here are some links to sites that we link to because we think they are worth visiting[…]…

3. on May 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM điều trị viêm mũi dị ứng Said:

Sources

[…]check below, are some totally unrelated websites to ours, however, they are most trustworthy sources that we use[…]…

4. on June 9, 2018 at 6:16 AM spanish mortgage floor clause Said:

Awesome website

[…]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[…]…

5. on July 2, 2018 at 2:12 AM return man demo Said:

Starting a blog is nowhere near difficult but creating a successful blog may be another story for you. An excellent blogging how-to should tell you all the basics you will need to become successful blogging.Many business owners don’t realize this but a blog can actually do so much for one’s marketing plan.

6. on July 9, 2018 at 6:26 AM best quality earbuds Said:

Discover 4 things you must know in order to turn your blog from a virtual deadland to a living breathing community! Read on to find out more.Whether you’re writing a blog for business, or you just want the world to know what you’re doing, it’s important to have a catchy or interesting title for your blog.