Morningside College Trivia!

Here’s this month’s trivia question: In what year was Eppley Auditorium built?

Leave your answer below in the comment section. At the end of the month if your answer is correct, we will be in contact with you through the e-mail address you leave (an e-mail address is required to be able to post a comment and only we can see it). Be sure to use an e-mail address you check so we are able to find out where to send your prize! The correct answer will be posted in the next newsletter along with the winners.

Published in: on September 26, 2016 at 12:01 AM Comments (13)

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://wordpress.morningside.edu/alumninewsletter/2016/09/26/morningside-college-trivia-7/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

13 Comments Leave a comment.

1. on September 28, 2016 at 10:56 PM Geri Day Said:

Eppley was finished in 1966 and opened in 1967.
    The class of 67, of which I I was a member, was the first to graduate in the auditorium .

2. on September 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM Delbert Christensen Said:

1966

3. on September 29, 2016 at 7:09 AM Sharyn Cook Said:

I was a freshman music major the Fall of ’66 when Eppley opened for classes, concerts, and the required weekly Convocation!

4. on September 29, 2016 at 7:50 AM Lynne Boulden Said:

1966. I spent many hours there from 70-74.

5. on September 29, 2016 at 8:13 AM Steve Hansen Said:

It was built during 1966 and recently restored quite wonderfully! Still a great venue…

6. on September 29, 2016 at 8:38 AM Bette Day Hill Stern Said:

1966

7. on September 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM Dale Howard Said:

1966 – It was and continues to be a beautiful facility for the fine arts.

8. on September 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM Marianne Siebring Cole Said:

I was guessing it was 1965, but it looks like it is unanimous that it was 1966!

9. on September 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM ELizabeth (Swanson)-Bushard Said:

I am a graduate of the Morningside College class of 1976! My sister (Barbara Swanson-Eckerman)was a Morningside music ed. graduate 10 years ealier than I,in the class of 1966. I remember visiting her in college when I was in 6th grade and when Eppley had been mostly built we got to see it in 66. I also remember her practicing in the old conservatory building….the building is still on campus. I am guessing that Eppley wasn’t used until fall of 66-67. I remember my parents driving us through the parking lot to see it. AND THEN…10 years later that is where I earned my music ed degree!!!! I am now newly retired after 40 years of teaching music (vocal and band).I now continue to teach piano lessons in my home.

10. on September 29, 2016 at 5:28 PM Barbara Swanson Eckerman Said:

I was a Music Education Major and remember it was started my senior year. I graduated in 1966.

11. on September 29, 2016 at 8:57 PM Glenda DenHerder Said:

Although I was not attending Mornigside at the time I do believe it was completed in 1966. Remember many events there including Homecoming 1978 and I am proud to have graduated in 1979. Looking forward to attending many more events in the updgraded facility.

12. on September 29, 2016 at 10:01 PM Patricia Nieland Said:

1966

13. on October 1, 2016 at 10:33 AM David Wagner, Sr. Said:

I was living in the I House 1964-65 when building started finished 1965-66.