Check It Out: Alumni Spotlight

Rosanne L. Plante, class of 1993, was crowned Mrs. Iowa International on February 7th at Woodbury County Extension Service. Plante will go on to compete for the title of Mrs. International 2016 during the final competition in Jacksonville, Fla., July 22-23, 2016.

Plante is an attorney and lead instructor/advisor of the paralegal studies program at Western Iowa Tech Community College. She enjoys gardening, antiquing, and crafting in her spare time. She also devotes her time and talents to numerous professional and charitable organizations.

Plante is a certified Iowa Master Gardener, having been awarded her 10-year and 500+ community service hours lifetime achievement awards. She is also a member of the Iowa Bar Association, president of the Iowa State Bar Association’s Public Service Project, and a founding and continuing planning committee member of the Siouxland Garden Show.

During her reign as Mrs. Iowa International, Plante will promote the healthy and family advantages of home and school gardens. She has created the “Green Ambassador” program and will be working with the Sioux City Gospel Mission. Her goal is to encourage 100 individuals/families to plant a row/portion of “hope” in their gardens and provide fresh produce to the Gospel Mission’s soup kitchen and pantry.

“I am honored and thrilled to represent my local community and state as Mrs. Iowa 2016,” said Plante. “My year of service will be dedicated to my passions of horticulture education and raising awareness about how each individual can contribute to ending hunger in their community.”

Published in: on April 16, 2016 at 1:50 PM Comments (3)

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://wordpress.morningside.edu/alumninewsletter/2016/04/16/check-it-out-alumni-spotlight-12/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

3 Comments Leave a comment.

1. on April 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM Meredith Larson (Schladweiler) Said:

Way to go Rosanne!
    From your sorority sis!

2. on April 19, 2016 at 6:06 PM Anna Grell Said:

Hello Rosanne ~
    So nice to hear how you are doing. I am proud to know you due to all the charity work you have been busy doing. Not sure if you remember me; I am Ivy’s good friend from Danbury, IA. We are also avid gardeners; this allows me to be a stay-at-home Mommy and home educate my children by providing much food for our family. Jamey and I have 6 beautiful children; I believe the last time I seen you we had Amanda as our only. Life is crazy busy for us. I would love to show you our food and floral gardens sometime if you are ever in my neck of the woods.
    Joy to Your Day ~
    Anna Grell

3. on April 19, 2016 at 8:49 PM Joe Mlnarik Said:

Congratulations Rosanne! Looking at that picture I can see age has not robbed you of any of your beauty!