There’s nothing worse than getting bad news. It can make a dark grey cloud follow you around ruining your day. When a beloved man in your hometown community passes away from cancer it’s sad and the kind of news that sticks with you through the day. Memories pop up. He wasn’t only just a big part of the community but a friend. It get you frustrated with life and thinking about how hard it is on his family that he left behind.

It’s aggravating that such a great man had to go. That he had to suffer through cancer treatments and endure rounds of chemo. Celebrate the remission and endure fighting the comebacks. That his life had more hospital beds in it than cornfields.

It’s aggravating that the cancer sucked away the very life and jolliness he was known for. That no one will be able to see him standing on the beaches spelling CHS out with his arms to support the school’s athletics. He was at all the games, his kids’ and his non-kids’ games. There wasn’t a game day where this man wasn’t in the stands. He supported the school and our CHS super fan.

The most maddening part is that he was taken too soon. He’s going to miss his youngest brown haired daughter walk down the gym floor and up on stage to receive her high school diploma. He’s never going to get the chance to walk his girls down the aisle or see them on their wedding day.  He’s never going to get to hold his newborn baby grandchild or get to grow old and grey with his loving wife.

Doctors in white coats gave him two to three days to live and he fought and turned them days into four. He was given on extra day but he was shorted a lifetime. A lifetime of memories that he won’t get to make or be apart of.

It’s aggravating that when I see his two daughters, I know that a part of them is aching and hurting. The tears they shed won’t be enough to fill the empty space left behind. To know they have to live with out their dad is the most maddening of all. But he will also be apart of their minds and thoughts but never again will they get to hold him or enjoy the love of his presences. To that the whole community suffers because his presences brought smiles to faces.

Where the hearts of that small town and community are knitted together, there is now a stitch missing and an important stitch it was. You were beloved by many and will be sorely missed but most of all you were taken too soon.

6 Responses to “Personal Narrative”

1.   fuglsang Says:

I like the hospital beds/cornfields line. That one stands out.
    The stitch metaphor is also nice; something you could woven
    throughout (did you see what I did there?).

Does the fifth graf need more explanation? When was he
    given the 2-3 days? That’s and especially aggressive cancer.
    Do you know what it was?

Use I, me and my in the first graf. You’re the one who’s angry.
    Not “me.” Proofread. Easy errors to fix.

2.   javbtc prime ai uehara tokyoteenies jabaku Says:

shiori yamate

3.   dmm kuki yu namiki cliphunter hi def Says:

japanesexxx humiliation

4.   softondemand nozomi aso iqqtv sod star Says:

watch8x tameike goro

5.   sexhd pics gallery cfnm group Says:

firsttimeauditions lilith shayton premier reverse cowgirl ig

6.   ol rina Says:

japanese ami hitose wit mmcf wearing